Monday, March 23, 2009

The fifth personal literacy

My fifth personal literacy is doing presentation. I was not a good speaker, but last semester I got trained and had confidence standing in front of audiences giving out information. I took English speaking class last semester; one of the goals in this class is to teach students some strategies on presentation, and practice it in the class. To me this was really challenged because I had not had presentation experience before. I had felt nervous talking to public and had not been able to make the presentation logically. Fortunately, the instructor gave me a big push; he taught me that I must trust myself, and he suggested I could practice in front of mirror at home. These were really helpful to me, so the first presentation test I did well. However, I also had troubles on clearly speaking. To improve this, I read many English articles each week, and watch CNN news to adjust my pronunciation. I did an excellent job on final presentation test, I was fully confident that introduced my own tour experience to the other classmates. My presentation was logically, my speaking is clearly, and I had good eye contact with audiences. I obtain grade 4.0 on the final.


During this class I learned that if you believe yourself, you can accomplish your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment